Monday, July 21, 2014

Clay Soap: Moroccan Red Clay

My sister's favorite clay for her "normal" skin type is Moroccan Red Clay, also known as Rhassoul clay. This wonderful, earthy clay works beautifully in soap and gives amazing, natural color to soap bars.

Moroccan red clay is a special clay, coming only from the Atlas Mountains of northern Africa. This reddish-brown clay is good for combination skin, normal skin, or dry skin and is well known for its mineral-rich qualities. It's smooth and creamy texture fluffs when water is added and the clay works to rebalance dry skin and help with flakiness. It's also been known to sooth skin irritations.

For this soap, I was inspired by the red-brown color of the Moroccan clay and I wanted to use a "hot", earthy essential oil combination to round out the soap. I love the blend I used: Patchouli and Cinnamon leaf. The patchouli essential oil lends a strong, earthy aroma and the cinnamon leaf essential oil brings the "heat" of warm, rich cinnamon. The two balance each other and round each other out wonderfully.

This soap is now available on my Etsy shop! Click here to check it out!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment