Monday, July 28, 2014

Clay Soap: Kaolin Clay

Kaolin clay is a newer clay to me. When planning my clay soaps, I chose Kaolin to round out my line, but once I took a look at all of the benefits that Kaolin clay provides, I was so glad that I chose this clay to be my fourth clay soap!

Kaolin clay is a white to off-white clay, also known as China clay. It is known in the soap making community for proving amazing "razor slip" in shaving soaps, but it has wonderful benefits for the skin underneath the hair! Kaolin clay is wonderful for all skin types, helps promote circulation to the skin, removes dead skin cells, and helps balance sebum activity. Too much sebum leads to blackheads (sebum collecting at the surface of the skin) or whiteheads (sebum collecting underneath the skin). This leads Kaolin clay to be the most recommended clay to use on skin!

I love the essential oil that I used with my Kaolin clay soap: Bay essential oil! Bay is one of my favorite essential oils to use. I love the spicy, herbaceous notes!

Watch me make this soap here:

Best part is... this soap, as well as my Cedar/Chamomile Bentonite Clay soap, doubles as a shaving soap!

And with that, my clay soap experiments come to a close! I hope you have enjoyed a month's worth of clay information and soapy goodness!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment