Monday, July 7, 2014

Clay Soap: French Green Clay

Of all of the facial clays available, French Green Clay seems to be the most well known and popular, making it the obvious choice to start with when planning my clay soap series. I love this clay for my own skin, so I scented it with my favorite essential oil blend, Lemongrass and Peppermint.

Let's start out with some of the great, well-known benefits of French Green Clay!
French Green Clay, also known as Sea Clay, is a popular clay among spas and healthy skin-minded people. The clay is mined not only in France, but in the United States and China as well. The clay gets its green name from its light green color, but has been known to be gray as well. The clay is well known for its detoxifying properties and helps to draw impurities from the skin while remineralizing the skin.

French Green Clay is amazing for people, like me, who have oily skin. The clay also helps remove dead skin cells and promotes circulation under the skin when used.

Since this clay is the best clay for my skin, I decided to make a soap that I would love to use as well. This soap is scented with a blend of Lemongrass and Peppermint essential oils, giving it a fresh, clean mix of tart, soft lemon and peppy mint. This is a great essential oil blend to help awaken your senses in the morning! I love the pale-green color of the soap, naturally derived from the clay itself! Gorgeous!

This soap is available in my Etsy shop! Click Here to check it out!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment