Monday, July 14, 2014

Clay Soap: Bentonite Clay

My second clay in my clay soap series is my bentonite clay soap, scented with cedar and roman chamomile essential oils! Bentonite clay is a staple in my home and I've used it in loads of soaps prior to this experiment. I love this clay!

Bentonite clay, a gray clay that is derived from aged volcanic ash, is a wonderful clay highly concentrated with wonderful minerals for your skin. This clay will add missing minerals to your skin while drawing our oils and toxins. Bentonite clay is great for combination skin and oily skin. Beyond skin care, bentonite clay is said to have many uses for the body... read about them here!

When formulating my bentonite clay soap, I wanted to scent it with a soothing essential oil blend. I knew I wanted to use Cedarwood, and after much deliberation, I decided to blend the rich, earthy cedarwood with light, floral Roman Chamomile. The two essential oils make an amazingly light and rich scent when blended!

This soap will be available in my Etsy shop in late July, so check back soon!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment