Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Spotlight: Licorice Lip Balm made with Anise Oil

Since Halloween is right around the corner, I figured it would be a good time to spotlight my licorice lip balm! I have a confession to make... I really do not care for licorice! It is one of my least favorite candy and I put off making this lip balm for ages! But, my husband adores licorice and begged me to make the balm for him. So, I figured that other licorice lovers would enjoy it, too!

My licorice lip balm is made with my usual combination of beeswax, unscented cocoa butter, and coconut oil. I love this combo because it makes the balm firm, yet it glides smoothly across the lips. I flavor the balm with anise essential oil and add a touch of sunflower oil for moisture. One of the best things about this lip balm is that it is completely natural. There are no synthetics at all, just natural goodness!

Anise essential oil is extracted from the anise seeds and is often used as the flavoring of licorice candy. While different from actual licorice root, the flavor of anise essential oil is extremely similar to licorice root, even though the plants are not related.

Licorice candy is a staple at Halloween, Absinthe is becoming a staple in the hipster scene, and my anise flavored lip balm is a staple in my lip balm lineup!

Wanna check out this interesting, classic flavored lip balm? Head over to my Zibbet shop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment