Friday, October 11, 2013

Featured Seller: Rhonda Kay from PhotosbyRKDesigns

It's time for another fun Featured Seller Q and A! I am so excited to get to talk to Rhonda Kay of PhotosbyRKDesigns on Etsy! Rhonda's shop features amazing photography... Her talent is amazing! Learn more about her below and make sure to check out her Etsy shop and her Facebook and Twitter!

----- 

The Lily
1.Who are you and what do you sell? 
I am Rhonda Kay Spencer, I am a mother to 3 one of which was diagnosed with severe autism when he was 3. I sell nature, landscape, and fine art prints.

2.What inspired you to get started in your craft/start collecting vintage?
When I was young in my late teen's, early 20's a local photographer gave me photography lessons for about 3 years. Back then it was an all manual camera 35mm and we developed our own film. He started me out in Black and White film taking pictures of an old truck and I loved it. As life happens I got away from my love and life took over. We had 3 kids in 28 months and life was hard and busy. As they have grown I have been able to return to the things that give me piece on stress filled days. When the kids were really little I would travel around while they slept in the car and take pictures, the love of being creative through photography never left me.

3.What is your favorite part of your process?
My favorite part of this process is seeing if I can take what I see in my head and conveyed in the print. 

4.Handmade: What inspires you the most while you create?
I find inspiration in everything around me. I love taking an object whether it's a flower, bridge, or building and getting a view that is unique. 

5.If you could pick, what is your most favorite item in your Etsy shop?
My most favorite item is a hard choice for me. I think the Lilly would be in my top 5. I love the detail in this flower.

6.Got any social media links?
facebook www.facebook.com/photosbyrkdesigns
Twitter twitter.com/rkexpressions

7.Anything else that you want to share?
In this crazy chaotic world, it has been a blessing to be able to create unique photography that hopefully will make people smile.


Red and White Dayflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment