|Girls Pillowcase Dress|
1. I'm Peggy Spivey, originally from Chicago where I raised 4 children, then got divorced. Soon after, I was offered a job here in Kingsport TN. I met my 2nd husband here and we've been married 23 yrs, have 6 adult children together and 15 grandchildren. I'm retired now, and I have to keep busy.
2. I've been sewing & crocheting since I was 9 yrs. old; my grandmother taught me. When I had children, I started sewing for the girls, and continued through their proms and weddings. I stopped for awhile when I was pursuing my career (about 15-20 yrs.) I resumed when I retired, first collecting antique dolls and sewing & selling doll clothing. A few years ago, I started making clothing for young girls because the styles & patterns were so adorable.
3. The favorite part of the process is choosing the pattern and the fabrics. That's the creative part.
4. I get inspired by the work of others. I love browsing through sewing and craft sites, through etsy and ebay. I post my items for sale on sewing sites and enjoy members comments and input.
5. My favorite item in my etsy shop is a girl's dress with an attached apron; I added free-hand appliques of chicks and hens and enjoyed seeing them come to life.
6. I have 3 blog sites, but I'm bad about keeping them up.
...and a Facebook page:
My crochet scarves have been selling well, but the girls' dresses have not. I've been asked to write an article for Sew Beautiful and it's supposed to be in the July-August 2013 Issue. It will feature 3 of my girl's outfits, and I'm hoping that will bring in more traffic. I'm in the process of making more inventory in a variety of dress styles.