Friday, March 8, 2013

Featured Post: Peggy from MyCountryCloset

Girls Pillowcase Dress
MyCountryCrochet is filled with a touch of vintage and a touch of handmade! Peggy creates gorgeous crochet creations as well as beautiful clothes for children. I am love with her shop! I love the vintage patterns that she offers... They remind me of patterns that my grandmother collected. Learn more about Peggy below in her own words:
_____
1. I'm Peggy Spivey, originally from Chicago where I raised 4 children, then got divorced. Soon after, I was offered a job here in Kingsport TN. I met my 2nd husband here and we've been married 23 yrs, have 6 adult children together and 15 grandchildren. I'm retired now, and I have to keep busy.


Easy Stitch & Save Pattern 6268


2. I've been sewing & crocheting since I was 9 yrs. old; my grandmother taught me. When I had children, I started sewing for the girls, and continued through their proms and weddings. I stopped for awhile when I was pursuing my career (about 15-20 yrs.) I resumed when I retired, first collecting antique dolls and sewing & selling doll clothing. A few years ago, I started making clothing for young girls because the styles & patterns were so adorable.

3. The favorite part of the process is choosing the pattern and the fabrics. That's the creative part.

4. I get inspired by the work of others. I love browsing through sewing and craft sites, through etsy and ebay. I post my items for sale on sewing sites and enjoy members comments and input.

5. My favorite item in my etsy shop is a girl's dress with an attached apron; I added free-hand appliques of chicks and hens and enjoyed seeing them come to life.
Crochet Scarf

6. I have 3 blog sites, but I'm bad about keeping them up.
sews4you-peggyspretties.blogspot.com/ mycountrycloset.blogspot.com/
sews4you.blogspot.com/
...and a Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sews4you-Creations/179173778830832

My crochet scarves have been selling well, but the girls' dresses have not. I've been asked to write an article for Sew Beautiful and it's supposed to be in the July-August 2013 Issue. It will feature 3 of my girl's outfits, and I'm hoping that will bring in more traffic. I'm in the process of making more inventory in a variety of dress styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment