Friday, March 22, 2013

Feature Post: Judy of Dazies Head 2 Toe

Judy's handmade items are amazing! Learn more about her below:
_____
My name is Judy Carrier and I live in Bristol, Virginia. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 41 years and have two children, and three grandchildren. I work for the City of Bristol Tennessee, but I have a little business on the side called Dazies Head 2 Toe. I have two shops on Etsy, one is called Dazies Head 2 Toe, the other is Dazies Head 2 Toe Too.

I started my first shop in March 2008 after the birth of my granddaughter. I’ve always been a crafty person and when my daughter asked if I would make my granddaughter some hairbows I started looking around to see what the little girls were wearing. I started making the hairbows and since I loved to crochet I decided to also make her some crochet trimmed socks. It just blew up from there. I found that I loved making them and decided to open a shop on Etsy, and because it was hairbows and socks I came up with the name Dazies Head 2 Toe. I soon incorporated jewelry, headbands, and hairbow holders, into my line also.

My second shop Dazies Head 2 Toe Too is mostly key fobs right now but I plan to expand that shop to also include more adult jewelry as well.

Even though I work a full-time job I find that in the evening and on the weekends I have plenty of time for handcrafting and making the things I love. I like everything I make, but I guess my favorite is the hairbows. They were the beginning of Dazies Head 2 Toe and will always be my first love.

I not only have the shops on Etsy, but I also have a shop on Artfire.com, sell my hairbows at True Colors, in Bristol, Virginia, and I have a section in Blowfish Emporium in downtown Bristol where I sell my whole line.

No comments:

Post a Comment