Friday, November 16, 2012

Featured Post: Karyn from PinkMouse

One of my favorite Etsy shops to look through is PinkMouse, filled with the creations of Karyn Milner! I love to look through her shop at all of the beautiful colors and fantastic patterns! Her clothes really make me want to have another baby... maybe baby #2 will be a girl!

Enjoy learning more about Karyn and make sure to check out her shop!
____

Fun Headband for Fall!
Who are you and what do you sell?
My name is Karyn Milner, my etsy shop is Pink Mouse Boutique. I make and sell kids clothing.

What inspired you to get started in your craft?
I started sewing when I was young. I think it was an inherited gift as my great-grandmother, grandmother and mother were all seamstresses. I have even inherited their sewing machines!
I started making kids clothes to sell on etsy after I had a car accident in 2009. The accident left me unable to stand for any length of time so I couldn't cut out large pattern pieces but I could sit and cut out smaller kids clothes. Etsy became a life-line for me, giving me something to do besides watch TV and play farmville!
Beautiful Purple and Cream Set!

What is your favorite part of your process?
Combining fabrics into a finished piece of clothing. I love working with excellent quality cotton fabric in designer prints.

What inspires you the most while you create?
My mother. She made almost all of my clothing when I was younger, including my dance costumes, wedding dress and maternity clothes. She was a first class seamstress!

If you could pick, what is your most favorite item in your Etsy shop?
I love this little dress and pantaloons! I like the old school design and fabrics. My mother would have made this little outfit for me or my daughter.

Got any social media links?
Twitter - @thepinkmice
Facebook - www.facebook.com/PinkMouseBoutique

2 comments: