Monday, September 23, 2013

In regards to milk soap...

A few weeks ago, I posted this post about making soap with milk. In that tutorial, I talked about making milk soap using the rebatch method, which allows you to make soap without using lye.

I thought that I would post again on milk soap, but this time, instead of rebatching, we are making soap using the hot process method.

Hot process is a different way to make soap, and it is quite similar to cold process in the beginning. Instead of pouring your cold process soap into the mold to let it saponify, you introduce heat using a crock pot or double boiler. The heat essentially "cooks" the soap, making saponification happen quicker.

I like to use the hot process method when making milk soaps because I do not have to worry about accidentally cooking the milk, since I am deliberately cooking the milk! It takes some of the worry out of making milk soap.

Here's a video I made the last time I made goat's milk soap:

If you are interested in my milk soaps, you can find the Goat's Milk and Oatmeal soap HERE and the rest of my milk soaps HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment