Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Art in the Park/Dragon Boat Races in Johnson City, TN

I had a blast this Saturday at the Dragon Boat festival/Art in the park at Winged Deer park in Johnson City! I got to hang out with some of my best friends, I enjoyed meeting new folks and selling some soap, and all of it was to raise money for the oncology department for Mountain States Health Alliance, our local hospital collective! 

Watching the dragon boats race was so much fun! I've never been to a dragon boat race before, and it was amazing watching those teams pull together and pull out amazing times. The fastest team of the day went 200 yards in 53 seconds! Whoa! 

My soaps were a big hit! I brought out a few fall scents to this show, and people loved them!! I'm thinking of making a fall scented section of my booth at the next show. The most popular scent of the day was a tie between Monkey Farts and Bacon! 

It was a beautiful day for a craft show, and I loved being out in the warm sun for a good cause... Next craft show is on Sept 28 and I can't wait!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment