Monday, January 20, 2014

New Logo Goodness!

I've been in business for almost 2 and a half years and, I am horrible ashamed to admit this, I've never had a real logo. Seriously! It's one of the first things you need, one of the most essential things to building a brand, and I've never had one!

I've tried to circumvent this by staying consistent with my packaging and labeling. I've only ever used 2 fonts, I designed packaging that I could print from home and slightly change for each product, and I've kept the same green color scheme for some time now.

But, now is the time for a nice, neat, logo to represent what Second Spring Soaps is all about! 
I've noodled on a logo for longer than I have been in business! I've always known that I wanted it to be bright and colorful, just like my products. I've always wanted bubbles. I've played around with the idea of flowers and bath tubs and bars of soap... But yesterday, it just came to me out of nowhere. And my logo idea was born!

My only problem was how to do it...

So, I started researching online. I am no graphic design artist by any means, but I knew that my logo was fairly simple and I should be able to make it myself. So, after a few hours of playing around with GIMP (my open-source image manipulator of choice!) and watching some tutorials on YouTube, and after loads of trial and error, my very first logo was born!
I love it! I could not be happier with how it turned out! I even sat down and made a banner to go along with my Zibbet shop

It is exactly how I imagined it, down to the shades of colors I used! It really represents my business, fun and colorful and bright, as well as soapy! I cannot wait to see this on business cards, on my banner at shows, on t-shirts... AHH! I am so excited!

1 comment: