Today is my birthday!! I just turned 28 (oh man!), and I figured that a great birthday present to you all would be a new tutorial! So... lets make some lollipops!!
You will need:
2 cups Sugar
2/3 cups corn syrup
3/4 cups water
flavoring (LorAnn's flavoring is fantastic!!)
Lollipop mold (or, you can use a greased baking sheet)
1. Mix together the sugar, water, and corn syrup in a pot on medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Bring your pot to a boil. Dont stir!! (This was hard for me... I am a chronic stirrer!)
3. If you want to add coloring, add it when the mix is about 260 degrees. Just toss it in. The boiling will stir it in.
4. Turn the head off when the pot reached 300 degrees (This is called the hard crack stage on a candy thermometer). When the boiling stops, add your flavoring and stir it in. (Yay! we get to stir!)
5. Pour the candy into your mold, add your lollipop stick, and twist the stick to cover it with candy. (If you are using a baking sheet, you can either draw circles with the candy and add sticks, or pour it out, then score it with a knife).
Once the candy cools, enjoy!!
Hint: You can use kool-aid packages to flavor your lollipops, but take care not to burn the sugar! Burnt kool-aid lollipops taste horrible!!
Dress up your lollipops with a cellophane bag, a sticky label, and a bow, and you've got a great looking gift!
Happy candy making! And happy 28th birthday to me!