Friday, August 29, 2014

Updates, Round Up, and More!

My poor little blog has gotten neglected throughout the month of August. With me picking up a small summer job, participating in a week-long show, and getting soaps together for our local county fairs, I have been really busy. With school starting back, it's just added to my load. So, my blog had to take a back seat while I focused on getting through all of my fun, but time-consuming activities.

So... what have I been up to?

well, I started off my August by taking some new, flashy photos of my wax tarts. I like the tarts with color, but since I am rocking soy wax, I ended up deciding to remove the color option from my tarts and go with a more natural look. What do you think of the new photos?










I also got a job working at the Appalachian Fair, our local county fair! It was fun, but very hard work. I really enjoyed my time at the Farm and Home building, working with the cooking competitions and decorating the building.

I also put some of my goodies in the Appalachian Fair and the Greene County Fair. I'm pleased to announce that my soap at the Greene County Fair won second place and my new Lip Butter won second place in the "made from beeswax" honey competition at the Appalachian fair! Yay! Two more red ribbons to add to my ever-growing collection!

I also got to sell my soaps during the Appalachian Fair with some of my wonderful local buddies! It was my first craft show since last December and my first since my twins passed away, so it took some time getting me back in the swing of selling. I think my new shelving is going to look amazing in a booth! Bonus: these shelves fold down FLAT, which is great for my limited trunk space!


I also celebrated my 500th sale in my Etsy shop! I am so proud and excited to hit this milestone! It's been almost 3 years since I started my Etsy shop. I've taken time off here and there during its run, but I am so proud of this achievement. This one was hard-earned! To celebrate, I am running a 10% off coupon on everything in the shop. The code is "SALE500" and it is good from now until September 30th!

I think I am all caught up on my August shenanigans. School started for me and kiddo this past Tuesday, so things like my blog and social media accounts may start slowing down as classes really gear up. I am going to aim for 1-2 posts a week, so hopefully you will be able to catch new posts on Mondays and Fridays.

So long, August! September, here we come!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment